Do you need more sweet & healthy recipes? I have plenty for you! All of them are healthy, sugar-free, vegan, easy to make with only a few ingredients! These recipes range from no-bake cakes to delicious snacks made within a couple of minutes. You can find all of them in my ‚Sweet & Healthy‘ ebooks!
I’ll show you how to make healthy chocolate cake which is super easy and completely healthy, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free, and tastes incredibly good! For this healthy chocolate cake recipe I am only using natural ingredients and natural sweeteners as I am convinced that those are the best alternatives to conventional cakes ingredients. This is the best healthy chocolate cake recipe for clean eating and a healthy balanced diet and nutrition. For more healthy recipes, check out the following:
- You can find more details and video tutorials on my Instagram Account
- Check out my healthy recipes section for more inspiration!
Easy simple healthy chocolate cake
I am amazed that we have the availability and opportunity in today’s world for healthy cake recipes like this super healthy choc cake! With access and availability of so many healthy alternative ingredients has become so simple to follow a healthy nutrition without compromising on those delicious sweet cakes. It is full of good and beneficial ingredients for your body and this healthy chocolate cake for weight loss can fit very well in diets. Don’t be scared that you need all those fancy and extraordinary ingredients, with this recipe from scratch I’ll show you how to make healthy chocolate cake with simple, natural and almost everywhere available ingredients.
Chocolate Cake without sugar and gluten free
- Natural sweeteners: It is the best healthy chocolate cake recipe without sugar and with the most delicious healthy chocolate frosting! It contains no sugar because the natural sweetness of dates, banana and honey or syrup are replacing conventional sugar.
- Flour: For this recipe I am using whole wheat flour but you can easily turn it into a gluten free chocolate cake by using another kind of flour such as chickpea flour, coconut flour, almond flour or something similar. Another option is oat flour, which can be made out of oats, which are put into the blender until it results into flour. Just make sure to check the consistency as different flours need and absorb different amounts of liquid. Coconut flour requires much more than chickpea flour for example.
- Healthy fat: This chocolate cake low calorie only contains a bit of coconut oil, and coconut oil is the best ingredients which can be added to any recipe! I absolutely love coconut! So believe me, it needs to be in there. Healthy cakes without fat are okay, but I recommend to not compromise to add this little bit of healthy fat, it makes a huge difference in taste and is of course healthy!
- Baking: when baking a chocolate cake healthy version, it is important to not bake it for too long, otherwise the cake becomes dry, this is definitely not what we want. As the cake batter contains less fat it is not as soft and moist as other conventional chocolate cakes. Thus baking on normal heat, but for a short amount of time is important! For this recipe I am dividing the cake batters in two batches and bake them in separate cake pans simultaneously, this also avoids having a dry cake.
Healthy frosting / healthy icing
Frankly, this healthy chocolate cake frosting is the best part of this healthy cake! It is creamy, chocolatey and all good, nutritious and healthy. The secret here is the coconut milk or coconut cream, is should have a firm and stiff consistency and it contains a high amount of fat, but only healthy fats. As fat is carrying a lot of the taste and flavor we don’t want to compromise here. This is simply stirred together with syrup or honey and raw cacao powder and that’s it. This should be cooled for the time the cake is baking and cooling down. When frosting the cake the chocolate healthy icing needs to have a firm and stiff consistency.