This elegant wedding cake with flowers is the first two tier wedding cake I ever baked. Before I only baked three tier wedding cakes, and I can conclude that I absolutely love this floral wedding cake design which is simple, white, elegant and romantic. For a beautiful elegant wedding cake there is often not much needed, this simple elegant design with white buttercream and some flowers look wonderful and complete. The best part, it is really easy to make and I’ll take you along this wedding cake recipe including an entire tutorial on my Highlights on Instagram, you definitely need to check it out. For more wedding cake inspiration, also check out:
- You can find even more impressions and videos of the this wedding cake on my Instagram account!
- Get inspired by more wedding cake recipes in my wedding & bespoke cakes section
Simple White Wedding Cake
Even though this elegant wedding cake has a simple floral look, only covered in buttercream, it is an adventure from the insight! Before getting my hands on the recipe, I asked the couple if they already knew their desired flavors and they immediately asked me to create something with ‘coffee-chocolate’ and ‘Yogurette’ (a sweet that is made of yoghurt, strawberries and milk chocolate). My though process of integrating those flavors into the wedding cake recipe immediately began as I love these wedding cake flavors. I came up with the followingÖ
- Coffee Chocolate: chocolate sponge cake with chocolate ganache, coffee buttercream and chocolate coffee beans.
- Yogurette: vanilla sponge cakes with a yoghurt based frosting, fresh strawberries, milk chocolate ganache and Yogurette pieces.
These are definitely one of the best wedding cake flavors I ever created. But still there is on extraordinary wedding cake where one tier was completely savory. If you are curious, you can check out the Rustic Wedding Cake in Vintage Style here. I am fascinated by the fact that there are no limits when it comes to wedding cake flavors as it is not seen from the outside, also in the case of this elegant wedding cake.
Flower Decoration Cascading from the Top
The floral cascade wedding cake is the first one of that kind, I ever baked as well! I never had a floral themed wedding cake before and I really like it. I simply requested the wedding cake flowers from the wedding decoration, to keep it consistent in wedding style. At the location I stacked this two tiered wedding cake together, a detailed wedding cake tutorial for that you can find by scrolling down further. Once stacked, I cut the wedding cake flowers and simply put them on the cake, it makes the elegant wedding cake unique and gives it this elegant romantic style.
The floral cascade wedding cake is decorated with real flowers, thus it is super simple to make, no need to spend hours on making sugar flowers or fondant flowers. Wedding cake decorating becomes fairly simple this way, a beautiful DIY wedding cake.
Wedding Cake Elegant Romantic
For a simple white wedding I used white Swiss meringue buttercream to cover the two tiers of this elegant wedding cake and then decorated it with a flower arrangement. As said, to make a wedding cake elegant romantic it does not take much than covering it in buttercream. But, for this par ti can also gives some top tips:
- The buttercream needs to be smooth and on room temperature
- Fill the buttercream in a piping bag and cover the entire cake with it
- Take a cake scraper and smoothen the buttercream on the cake by twisting the cake stand and holding the scraper straight on the wedding cake until it’s all even
- For the final touch, heat up the scraper by placing it in hot water, thoroughly dry it and even out the buttercream, the heat will make the buttercream perfectly even
- For the edges, take the scraper and move it from the outside to the inside and get rid of the excess buttercream in between
- Cool it!
Watch the entire making of in my Highlights on Instagram! Decorate with flowers and when cutting the cake, those flowers can be put aside and then it’s time to enjoy the flavors.