Let me tell you from the start, this beer mug cake tastes AMAZING! Once I came up with this recipe people were doubting and wondering, but as soon as they tasted it, the moistness with beer flavor, everyone wanted it. Friends asked me to make it for their birthdays and my brother, who already tasted plenty of my cakes, confirmed it to be the best cake he ever tasted from my creations.
- You can find even more impressions and videos of the Vanilla Strawberry Cake Recipe on my Instagram account!
- Get inspired by more simple and quick cake recipes under the category ‘Celebration & Creative Cakes’
Beer flavor in a cake is actually pretty amazing, as it combines the sweetness of the cake with a pleasant hint of bitterness of the beer. Beer also makes it a super moist delicious cake! The beer cake recipe can be made with your favorite beer, let it be guinness, corona, black beer, heineken, bud light or dark beer. I personally recommend choosing a beer with a nice strong taste, to still have the taste of beer in the cake, as through the baking process a lot of the alcohol evaporates and with it also the beer taste. But what is left gives this unique hint of beer flavor in the cake and it combines very well with the sweetness.
Beer Birthday Cake
As said, this beer mug cake is definitely a perfect gift to surprise someone. Especially for beer lovers, for men, for a birthday or for father’s day. The best surprise of this cake is not only how extraordinary it looks like, a huge beer mug cake, but that it also tastes like beer. Twice as nice! This beer cake decorating idea is definitely a nice extra to take some pictures with, enjoy the surprise and have a delicious cake afterwards.
Some of my friends loved this cake and asked me to bake it for their birthday and it was always the best surprise! Usually they are mostly surprised by the flavor and how it tastes, as they have never tastes such kind of cake before. They all loved it!
For more celebration or birthday cake ideas, get inspired by these:
- Cream Tart / Letter Cake / Number Cake Recipe
- Modern Black Forest Cake
- Danube Wave Cake with German Flag
- Yule Loge Cake – Buche de Noel
How to make a Beer Cake – Tutorial
I’ll show you how to make this DIY beer cake, which looks like a beer mug! It is fairly simple!
- Beer cake batter: the beer cake recipe is really simple. First mixing together the eggs with sugar and salt, and then adding the remaining ingredients in portions. Half of the the dry ingredients, oil and beer. As a nice touch I like to add a bit of melted white chocolate to the dough.
- Baking in the oven: when making the beer cake batter you probably notice that it is a rich and heavy dough, which ends up as a delicious moist beer cake. To get this moistness, it is important to bake on low heat in the oven, to not get dry edges or similar.
DIY Cake Design Ideas
- Frosting: in case you want to have a casual beer cake, just cover it with melted white chocolate. If you go for the beer mug cake version, you make the frosting and put aside ¼ of it to save for the beer foam. The remaining frosting is colored in yellow with just a tiny splash of brown to make it this dark yellow beer color. Read on below in the recipe!
- Decoration: the yellow and white frosting almost already make up the entire beer mug. Only the beer handle is left, which is simply rolled from white fondant and sticking it into the cake with long wooden sticks.