The Kinder Maxi King Snack in XXL variation as a cake! This giant Maxi King cake is incredibly delicious and tastes like the original, it’s chocolatey and crispy on the outside with hazelnuts, and inside a refreshing cream cheese filling with a core of caramel. In addition, this is a no-bake cake and is really quick and easy to prepare as an incredible eye-catcher.
- You can view the entire step by step baking process in my Instagram highlights
- Get inspired by more extraordinary cake recipes in my celebration & creative cakes section
Ferrero Maxi King Chocolate
A lot of chocolate is used in this giant Maxi King cake and it is an essential ingredient! The original Ferrero Maxi King has a layer of milk chocolate and hazelnuts on the outside. For my XXL Maxi King cake I use dark chocolate for one part and milk chocolate for another part, in order to have it not too sweet. Regarding the chocolate, there are two different steps to consider when making this cake.
- First, we’re making a ganache with dark chocolate, and for this we first finely chop the dark chocolate and pour hot heavy cream over it. This will make it a thick consistency, which is perfect for the giant Maxi King cake. With this chocolate ganache we cover the sides and the top of the oval shaped pan.
- Then we are using the milk chocolate, which is also finely chopped and then carefully melted and with this we are generously covering the bottom of the cake, but also the sides and the top to have it as a glue for the hazelnut pieces, which should be finely chopped and roasted for our giant Maxi King cake.
Kinder Maxi King Ingredients
A few ingredients are required for our giant Maxi King cake and the making of it is really easy! We need the following Maxi King ingredients:
- Shortbread biscuits: I used whole wheat shortbread biscuits for this Maxi King cake, but regular shortbread biscuits are also totally fine
- Chocolate: in Germany we have a differentiation between regular chocolate and chocolate for baking which is called couverture. The couverture is better to use for the Maxi King chocolate, as it melts faster and better and is more suitable for making ganache
- Cream cheese and heavy cream: we need these two to make the cream cheese frosting for the giant Maxi King cake. Simply whip the heavy cream until stiff, mix the cream cheese with sugar and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Caramel: for the delicious caramel core, I simply used a caramel cream from the supermarket, which is super delicious! You can also make the caramel yourself, but I chose not to make it myself.
Maxi King Cake Recipe
To get a perfect oval shape like that of a Ferrero Maxi King snack, we need an oval shaped cake pan, for this I use an 18x26cm / 7x10inches oval glass casserole mold. I cover this with cling film and then we can start with the chocolate ganache. During the various steps of the Giant Maxi King Cake, it is important to always cool the cake in between. If the almost finished Maxi King cake has cooled for a few hours, it can be difficult to remove it from the mold.
I recommend to put the entire mold into a hot water bath and let it warm up for a short time. This way the ganache becomes a little softer and then the cake can be easily removed from the mold.
The XXL Maxi King cake is definitely an absolute eye-catcher and looks extraordinary, especially when holding the original Kinder Maxi King sweet next to it. It is the combination of the delicious creamy caramel, the refreshing cream cheese frosting with whipped cream and the crispy outer layer with soft chocolate ganache, shortbread biscuits and chopped hazelnuts. Just a dream!
When cutting the cake, I recommend to use a sharp knife and let is sit in hot water for a while to have it absorbed the heat, drying it well and then carefully and slowly cutting the cake, in order for the chocolate to melt by the hot knife and this way it won’t break. This means that it can be cut and served perfectly. Then all you have to do is enjoy!