Do you need more sweet & healthy recipes? I have plenty for you! All of them are healthy, sugar-free, vegan, easy to make with only a few ingredients! These recipes range from no-bake cakes to delicious snacks made within a couple of minutes. You can find all of them in my ‘Sweet & Healthy’ ebooks!
Coconut lover? Then it is the perfect recipe for you! This healthy coconut balls recipe is so easy to make, only five ingredients needed and it tastes incredibly good. The creaminess of coconut milk together with desiccated coconut is already delightful. It is a healthy vegan Raffaello recipe which is super tasty and completely healthy!
- You can view the entire step by step baking process in my Instagram Highlights
- Check out my healthy recipes section for more inspiration!
5 Ingredients Coconut Balls
How to make coconut balls no bake? There is no need of baking something, these healthy coconut balls are indeed made super fast. Only the making of the balls itself takes a bit of time, but it is no effort at all. These 5 ingredients coconut balls vegan are made super fast and only five ingredients needed, but here it is very important to use the right ingredients and also to prepare them beforehand, in order to obtain the best taste for the homemade Raffaello balls recipe.
- Coconut Milk: for our healthy coconut bliss balls it is important to use coconut milk which is firm in consistency and with full fat! I usually take coconut milk from the can, which is very cream and not liquid at all. This works perfectly for vegan Raffaello coconut balls.
- Desiccated Coconut: shredded coconut and desiccated coconut are basically the same. These are essential for this recipe, but also essential here is to roast them! You can do it either in the oven or roast them in a pan, which I did, here you have to continuously stir them, because they roast very fast after the full heat is there. For the coconut snacks balls recipe it the desiccated coconut is ideally roasted to a light gold.
- Almonds: as the original Raffaello contains almonds we are of course also using almonds here. For our healthy Raffaello almond balls recipe, I am using ground almonds or almond flour for the balls itself. Here, same as for the desiccated coconut, it needs to be roasted for a while. I proceeded the same way, roasting them in a pan while continuously stirring. This gives a really nice flavor to our healthy coconut balls. Then I used whole almonds to place in the middle of the vegan Raffaello balls. Of course, I also roasted those beforehand!
- Agave Syrup: In order to have these healthy coconut balls no sugar containing, I am utilizing agave syrup here, but you can use the an alternative sweetener of your choice. I always like to stick with natural sweeteners here.
Vegan Raffaello Protein Balls
Our homemade Raffaello protein balls are completely vegan, they only contain natural ingredients from the nature. Sometimes I also like to use honey as healthy sweetener for certain recipes, but I realized that syrups are much sweeter and more neutral in their taste, which is ideal for these healthy coconut energy balls. Coconut should obviously be the predominant flavor here.
Healthy Coconut Energy Balls Recipe
Making these healthy coconut protein balls is fairly easy! Once we have all the ingredients ready as described above. That means, having firm coconut milk, roasted the desiccated coconut and ground almonds or almonds flour in the oven or in a pan. Of course we need to first let them cool down before continuing. Also the whole almonds should be roasted.
Then we mix all ingredients together in a bowl, except for the whole almonds. Important here, is to let the entire mixture cool down until it all becomes firm, this makes it much easier to roll these healthy Raffaello balls. Once the mixture is cooled and firm, take some of the mixture, place an almond in the middle and roll to a ball, then roll it in desiccated coconut, which is not roasted, and READY!