These Cake Sticks have a lot of names and are also called Cakesicles, Cake on Sticks, Cheesecake Sticks, Cheesecake Cakesicles or even Popsicle Cakes. Doesn’t matter how we call them, they are simply amazing! A homemade cheesecake with a luscious crust on the bottom and the sides of the cake, I would say: the more crust the better, and a super soft and creamy cream cheese filling. All this is wrapped in delicious chocolate and topped with you favorite sweets.
- You can view the entire step by step baking process in my Instagram highlights
- Get inspired by more extraordinary cake recipes in my celebration & creative cakes section
For this Cake Sticks recipe you don’t need a Cakesicles mold, because we are baking a regular, easy cheesecake recipe, we’re using a German recipe here to also have a crust at the sides of the cheesecake, this way the stick will stick better in the cheesecake. I gathered for you a couple of birthday cakesicles ideas, which could be used for the perfect happy Mother’s Day gift or as a Valentine’s Day gift. These Cheesecake Popsicles are really easy to make and especially fun to make and they look incredibly beautiful and are suitable for any party. I’ll show you how to make Cakesicles as a Valentine Day special cake, Mother’s Day ideas or for any other occasion.
How to make Cheesecake Cakesicles
In order to make these beautiful Cake Sticks, we first need to bake a regular and super delicious cheesecake. Let me take you along the important steps of making the perfect cheesecake recipe for a popsicle cake:
- Cheesecake Crust: we are making a delicious crust recipe, which is essential for Cheesecake Sticks. It is a regular crust made out of flour, sugar, salt, butter and an egg. We divide the crust in half and roll out one half and place it on the bottom. With the other half we place it on the sides of the cake pan and press it flat, and not to forget to merge it with the bottom crust. Once the cheesecake crust is ready, we poke holes with a fork.
- Cheesecake Filling: for this cheesecake Philadelphia is a good cream cheese choice, but any other regular cream cheese would work as well. We combine it with low fat Greek yogurt, heavy cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla and that’s the filling. Once it is evenly spread out, cut off the excess crust on the sides.
Now the most important part for baking a cheesecake follows: how to bake it. Important, to bake the cheesecake on low temperature in the oven, to prevent it from cracking open. I baked this cheesecake for 60 minutes on low heat and then slightly increased the heat. The result is a perfectly crunchy crust and the moistest and creamiest cheesecake filling!
Birthday Cakesicles Ideas
This is the most fun part about how to make Cheesecake Cakesicles. But first, the entire cheesecake should be cooled for a couple of hours in the fridge. For the cheesecake on sticks it is essential to flatten out any uneven spots, so I cut off a bit to make the top even. Now, for our Cake Sticks, the cheesecake is cut in pieces, I would suggest cutting 12 or 16 pieces, here we insert the cake pop sticks or ice cream sticks and freeze the cheesecake pieces for three hours.
The Cheesecake on Sticks can be decorated according to you preference. It can be a happy Valentine gift idea or a Mother’s Day present or for a baby shower party or a birthday party! You can make Cakesicles Oreo or Strawberry Cheesecake Cakesicles, all up to your choice. But first, we need the perfect chocolate and then our decorations.
Chocolate: I used dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate, which I partly colored in pink. Here it is super important to keep track of the melting temperature of the chocolates, if you don’t take care of this, you’ll get white shades on the chocolate once dried. And I am adding 1/10 of coconut oil to the chocolate to make it more liquid and shinier.
Melting Temperatures for Chocolates
|Dark chocolate||50°C / 122°F|
|Milk chocolate||40°C / 104°F|
|White chocolate||38°C / 100°F|
Decorations: the remaining chocolate I filled into piping bags to also decorate the Cheesecake Lollies. And then I placed all sorts of sweets on them, this is what I used
- Pink Cake Sticks:
pink stripes, perls, sugar hearts, gold perls, gold leaves
pink stripes, Raffaello, white Mikado
- White pink marble Cakesicles:
gold leaves, gold perls
- White Cheesecake Sticks:
pink stripes, Macarons
- Milk chocolate Cheesecake on Sticks:
chocolate stripes, hazelnut, Kinder Bueno
chocolate stripes, Ferrero Rocher
- Dark chocolate Popsicle Cakes:
chocolate stripes, Lotus Biscoff cookies
chocolate stripes, Toffifee