Looking for a happy Valentine’s day gift for him or for her? This Valentines Day Cake Idea Chocolate Box Cake is definitely an extraordinary present idea. Additionally, it is so much fun to bake! If you now think it is way to complicated to bake this happy Valentine Day cake design, no worries, I got you covered, as I have an easy alternative, where no baking is needed. Just follow me along!
- You can see the entire step by step baking process in my Instagram Highlights. It would be great to also see you there, you can follow me to always stay up to date with all my baking stories.
- For more extraordinary cake recipes, check out my celebration & creative cakes section.
Best Valentines Day Cake Design: Chocolate Box Cake
There are many Valentines Day gift ideas, some may think about Valentine’s Day flowers or Valentine’s Day chocolates. I got hooked on the last idea, creating a chocolate box cake recipe, which looks like a giant box of chocolates, but tastes like a homemade red velvet cake! Out of so many Valentines Day Cake ideas, I wanted to create the best Valentine’s Day chocolate box cake recipe. How to make a Valentine Day special cake?
- Red Velvet Cake: first, I will take you along how to bake the best red velvet cake from scratch!
- Cream Cheese Frosting: for the Valentines Day Cake flavors we have the silky, moist red velvet cake with a hint of vanilla and the original cream cheese frosting cannot be missing
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: for these chocolate box cake ideas, we want to make the cake look like chocolates. Thus, we take part of the cream cheese frosting and mix it with melted chocolate to have a chocolate cream cheese frosting to cover the happy Valentine cake with it
- Chocolate Ganache: there are plenty of Valentines Day cake decorating ideas, but I want to have a beautiful Valentines cake design. With the chocolate ganache we create a layer on top of the red velvet cake to have a flat and even ground to put our chocolates in.
- Chocolate: for the Valentine’s Day Cake boxes we cut out parchment paper sheets and cover it with chocolate and lay it on the sides of the cake, once cooled it will look like a perfect box of chocolates and for the cover we simply spread out chocolate, cut it in shape and decorate it with white chocolate
- Valentine Day Candy: as the cake will be covered in chocolate all in different shades of brown, something colorful is needed, so we use chocolate covered strawberries as Valentine’s Day candy and chocolates of course
ALTERNATIVE: If you love this chocolates box look, but you’re not in the mood of baking, I have a shortcut for you! Buy a rectangle shaped cake in the supermarket, cut off the top, scrape out the cake, cover in chocolate and fill with chocolates!
Homemade Red Velvet Cake Recipe
The best Valentine Day Cake ideas are baked with red velvet cake! I created an easy red velvet cake recipe original, which baked so fast and contains the original vanilla with a hint of chocolate red velvet flavor. Not only the flavor is the highlight, but also the red velvet cake design, as it is red, which perfectly fits to all those Valentine’s Day cake recipes. Red velvet cake designs for birthday are also perfectly fitting and definitely a good idea.
What icing goes with red velvet cake? Very easy, classic cream cheese frosting! I have created a super easy recipe with only four ingredients, mainly consisting of cream cheese, a bit of butter and powdered sugar with a dash of lemon juice!
Happy Mothers Day Cake Ideas
This Valentine Day cake gift is definitely a fitting Valentines gift for her, but it can also be a valentines gift for him romantic. Besides all the happy Valentine gift ideas, this Chocolate Box Cake can be perfectly used for happy Mother’s Day gift ideas. With those valentines cake ideas you can it two birds with one stone and simply add it to your Mothers Day presents. When running out of Mother’s Day ideas, this surely a gift she never received! Bring your Mothers Day gifts to the next level with this Valentines Day cake.