Classic chocolate Brownies with or without walnuts. It is a Walnut Brownies recipe, but in case you have a walnut or nut allergy you can simply leave them out. They are fluffy, chocolatey and covered with the best chocolate ganache one could imagine with these brownies. Next to that they are made really fast and simple with only a few ingredients needed.
- You can view the entire step by step baking process in my Instagram Highlights
- For more classic and easy recipes, check out my Jessi’s Favorites section
Chocolate Brownies From Scratch
There many kind of variations when it comes to brownies recipes, but this one is a classic fluffy and chocolatey walnut brownies recipe. There are fudgy brownies that are extremely moist and almost feels like eating raw cookie dough, but this recipe is not alike. It has a rich chocolatey flavor in a fluffy consistency, and the best in this chocolate brownies recipe is the chocolate ganache on top, which is creamy, chocolatey and super delicious. Already when mixing this chocolate ganache together I am so tempted to already eat the whole batch!
Well, let’s get to the recipe and what to keep in mind! Important for the best easy homemade brownies from scratch, we need a only a couple of ingredients, namely eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, flour, baking powder, butter and chocolate. I am using pure chocolate here and no cocoa powder as I think it really gives a really rich flavor to the walnut brownies recipe and there is no cocoa powder needed here. Last, but not least we add in our crushed walnuts to the cake batter and mix let it bake. Important here is to not bake it for too long, to keep the softness of these fudgy walnut brownies, which are only slightly fudgy.
Best Brownies Recipe
For this easy brownies recipe we need the right ingredients and tools to make it. No worries, there is not much needed and it literally an easy recipe which is baked super fast. I used a 30x30cm or 12x12inches cake pan for my walnut brownies recipe and baked them in there for about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the oven. Once baked we need to let these tasty brownies completely cool down, trust me. If you’re too impatient, the chocolate ganache will drip all over the edges of the brownies. Then top it off with even more walnuts for decoration.
Homemade Brownies with Walnuts
Here’s what we need for the best walnuts brownies recipe:
- Eggs: it is good to keep them on room temperature for this recipe, these will be slightly beaten up until fluffy
- Dry ingredients: these are sugar, salt, flour and baking powder and vanilla, depending on what kind of vanilla you are using for this recipe. In Germany we use mainly vanilla sugar which is a dry ingredients as well
- Chocolate & Butter: for the best brownies recipe we need these two. And we first melt the butter in a pan on low heat and then add in the chocolate pieces. Once all is dissolved we add it into the batter together with the flour. There is not need to add cocoa powder to these chocolate and walnut brownies, because the chocolate gives the entire flavor and perfect consistency to these homemade brownies
- Walnuts: not to forget to simply crush those walnuts and incorporate them into the brownies batter. They give the crunch to the walnut brownies recipe and also the nutty flavor.
- Chocolate Ganache: One of the highlights of this recipe. We heat up the heavy cream, pour it over the chocolate pieces, and those should be finely chopped in order to dissolve better and we add a tiny bit of coconut oil. The coconut oil gives a nice shiny appearance to the chocolate ganache on the brownies with walnuts.