This is probably the easiest holiday treats recipe for kids and grown-ups: this Christmas Brownies fudgy recipe. It is a delicious fudge brownies recipe, decorated like a flat Christmas tree cake, a Christmas present cake, reindeer cake, snowman cake, Santa hat cake or Christmas baubles cake. For all of these we need almost the same toppings and they make up the best and beautiful pops and bites for everyone. You can view the Christmas tree brownies video and the making of in my Instagram Highlights. For more creative recipes check out my celebration & creative cakes section.
Easy Recipe for Christmas Decorated Brownies
This Christmas cake recipe is super easy and straight forward. For a fudgy chocolate brownies recipe it is not needed to whip the cake batter that much. First, we carefully melt the butter and in it the chocolate pieces. Melting chocolate should always be done carefully, because high temperatures will separate the components of chocolate, but when putting chocolate in a cake batter it is not that bad as it all will be baked. Second, we mix in the sugar and salt to the butter chocolate mixture. Every single egg is added separately and shortly mixed into the cake batter. Last but not least we add flour.
These chocolate fudge brownies are spread on a 20x30cm / 9×13 inch inch baking tray and baked at 175°C / 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Importantly, to not bake those for too long, otherwise they’ll become dry and lose their fudginess.
Christmas Cake Decoration Ideas
This Christmas brownies fudgy recipe is variable and I am presenting here a couple of ideas on how to make Christmas brownies:
- Christmas Tree Brownies: to make the brownies Christmas like we use regular cream cheese frosting, spread it on the chocolate Christmas tree brownies, stick a candy cane, Mikado or pretzel as tree stump in it and decorated with M&M’s and sprinkles
- Christmas Gift Brownies: spreading the white cream cheese frosting on it and with red or green colored frosting and M&M’s the details are made for the Christmas decorated brownies
- Reindeer Brownies: for this Christmas brownies fudgy recipe we use pretzels for the antler, white frosting and chocolate for the eyes and red M&M’s for the nose
- Snowman Brownies: we spread white frosting on the fudgy brownies, pretzels are used for the nose, and for the hat we dunk a pretzel in chocolate and form the rest of the hat and eyes with the chocolate as well
- Santa Hat Brownies: spreading red and white frosting on the brownies
- Christmas Baubles Brownies: we spread either white, red or green cream cheese frosting on the homemade fudge brownies and decorate them with whatever we have!
These are all only recommendations end everyone’s creativity is so unique that I am happy when you find your own way of decorating the Christmas Brownies
How To Cut Christmas Tree Brownies
In order to obtain perfect triangles to decorate the Christmas brownies we need a diagram for cutting Christmas tree brownies. I’ll show you in simple steps how to cut Christmas tree brownies. First we cut the chocolate brownies in stripes, each stripe with a width of about 5cm /2 inch. Then cut diagonal from one edge of the Christmas brownies to the other side, but not to the other edge but to the middle of the cake. Mirroring this cut, we can cut a couple of stripe paralleling this cut. And then repeat the last step with the other diagonal. This should result in slim triangle which are perfect for Christmas tree brownies, reindeer brownies, Santa hat brownies and snowman brownies.
For the Christmas baubles we can just cut circles, using any kind of circle shaped cutter and for the Christmas gift brownies the brownies can be cut in squares. You can view the Christmas tree brownies video and the making of in my Instagram Highlights.