Do you need more sweet & healthy recipes? I have plenty for you! All of them are healthy, sugar-free, vegan, easy to make with only a few ingredients! These recipes range from no-bake cakes to delicious snacks made within a couple of minutes. You can find all of them in my ‘Sweet & Healthy’ ebooks!
Craving for something sweet and chocolatey? For a healthy sweet snack, this healthy vegan chocolate pudding comes in perfectly. It is made within a couple of minutes and completely healthy. These sugar free pudding recipes are really easy to make and a good low calorie chocolate dessert. Topped with a bit of coconut cream, cacao nibs, nuts and other healthy toppings, it is the perfect dessert.
- You can find more details and video tutorials on my Instagram Account
- Check out my healthy recipes section for more inspiration!
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe From Scratch
Growing up in Germany and in the city where pudding was invented: Bielefeld, we always used to have the pudding mix at home to make a vanilla or chocolate pudding very quick. Once I found out how to make homemade chocolate pudding from scratch, I tasted the difference and don’t want to go back to the pudding mix. For the original homemade pudding recipe you need only a couple of ingredients: milk, egg yolk, cornstarch, sugar and vanilla or cocoa powder. That’s it.
For the vegan chocolate pudding recipe, there are no egg yolks obviously. We are using milk (oat milk or any other milk of your choice), cornstarch, cocoa powder, vanilla and syrup. As it is a healthy vegan chocolate pudding recipe, I avoid to use granulated sugar and used agave syrup instead.
Healthy Chocolate Pudding Vegan
How to make healthy chocolate pudding dessert? Very easy! Once you have all the right ingredients you only need a pan, a whisk, a small bowl, plate and not to forget a spoon of course to indulge into this easy healthy chocolate pudding recipe.
- Milk: I fell in love with oat milk, thus I am using it here, but for this healthy vegan pudding recipe you can use the milk alternative of your choice and preference
- Cornstarch: this is essential to make it a low calorie chocolate pudding vegan recipe as it substitutes the egg yolks, which thicken the milk to become a pudding. A pudding mix also basically only contains cornstarch, so why buying it when you can make it yourself?
- Cocoa powder: for this homemade healthy dark chocolate pudding recipe, cocoa powder is bringing in all the flavor! I am using Dutch processed cocoa powder here (Backkakao in German)
- Syrup: to make it a healthy vegan pudding recipe I am using agave syrup here instead of sugar or honey
Once you have all your ingredients sorted for this easy chocolate pudding recipe, mix them all in a bowl with a whisk, transfer to a pan and heat it up. When the healthy quick chocolate pudding starts to thicken, and very important here is to continuously stir, boil for another minute and then transfer to a small bowl. Let the easy vegan pudding cool down in this small bowl and then transfer upside down on a plate. It should perfectly loosen itself from the small bowl.
This low fat chocolate pudding can then be served with coconut cream on top, you can even mix it with a bit of agave syrup and add toppings such as nuts, cacao nibs and other healthy toppings.
Sugar Free Pudding Recipe
It is the perfect quick sugar free chocolate pudding dessert on demand, made within a couple of minutes and it definitely satisfies the chocolate or sweets craving. It is a healthy chocolate dessert completely without refined or granulated sugar and of course it is also a low fat chocolate dessert. Substituting sugar nowadays is made easy with different types of healthy syrups such as agave syrup. For this healthy vegan chocolate recipe I used that one, but other sugar substitutes such as coconut sugar or something similar also works.